Sunday, January 1, 2012

Project WILT

"You learn something new everyday." So they say. I'm putting it to the test.

Project WILT (What I Learned Today)is a year long study to see if I truly do learn something new everyday. I've had the idea for quite some time now, but I decided to wait until today to start it.

Why today? Well, it's the first of January, which means it's a new year. Today is also Day One of a personal NaNoWriMo challenge. NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. Annually, and globally, it's held in November. I've never tried it before, so I decided to do it in January to see if I can even accomplish it.

Writing a novel in a month's time is a difficult and daunting task, and on top of that I'm giving myself a new task of starting a blog. Not a daily blog, but a blog which will require often updates. Maybe I've bitten off more than I can chew.

Without further ado...

What did I learn today? Well, several things.

1. I learned that my brother can party longer and harder than I can.

2. I learned it's hard to get my inner editor to shut the fuck up in order to allow me to start writing. I literally procrastinated until 7 pm to even get started on my novel challenge.

3. I learned that I can push a 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis around a corner when it decides to die.

4. Last, but not least, I learned that Hank is short for Henry.

So far, so good. These are all things I was either unsure of or had absolutely no knowledge of before today.

No comments:

Post a Comment